Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dreams can be the life preparer

This past week, I lost a family member to a bad accident. I guess his death weighted heavy on my mind because I have had strange dreams of my own death. As a parent, we try so hard to prepare our children for the "real world" that we forget to be prepared ourselves. My lost one didn't have any insurance for the "just in case" emergency. The family had to struggle to make sure that the preparations for the funeral were made. In my dreams I had that same factor. I died and had my body cremated. My spouse had my ashes, so when I showed up as a ghost he was quite shocked. The ashes were like a way for me to stay behind and take care of unfinished business. Once the ashes are scattered, it would be my time to go on to the other side. Except, I told my spouse to not let go. I was scared of their future without me. I felt I needed to stay behind. The only reason cremation was possible was because my grandmother set up a insurance policy when I was born. It was enough to take care of the funeral expensives. My spirit remained because whether I am in body or just a soul, I am still a mother. I worried that there was no money to help my loved ones in the coming years. I saw the strain it put on my spouse and kids. My heart was breaking, even though it was no longer beating. I just wanted to scream that my life had ended and I no longer had control over the well being of my family. When I woke this morning I had tears in my eyes before I even opened them. It was just a dream, but felt so real. I am in my 30s and so is my spouse. We have no extra savings. We live paycheck by paycheck and we want only the best for our kids. I have spent so much energy trying to teach my kids to want more in life as they grow into young people. To succeed and have the comforts of life. If something happen today I don't know what either one of us would do. There is nothing there. No securities, finacial stabilities, or help. Thankfully, it has started my spouse and I thinking of the future and the ways to be better prepared for the "just in case" something bad happens and one of us is taking from this life. A parent's job is to teach their kids about life and kids are suppose to be the reason a parent prepares for death. This should be on all parents' to do list. Get the life insurance policy, make the arrangements, and have that peace that if your time has come that you don't have any unfinshed business...

1 comment:

  1. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any recommendations?

    Feel free to surf to my webpage raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete